Help the Arboretum grow deeper roots with your gift to the Forever Jenkins Endowment Campaign – Endow an Acre.
Growing Deeper Roots
The Arboretum’s fundamental challenge is to expand its endowment in order to sustainably secure the future of the gardens.
The Arboretum has successfully grown a modest initial endowment of $250,000 to approximately $13 million today. However, the endowment is currently funding only about 50% of the Arboretum’s operating budget. Since the Arboretum does not charge admission, it must rely on private donations for the balance of its operating budget.
Because these all-important sizable gifts from Arboretum supporters are uncertain from year to year, increasing the endowment is critical to building a more secure future and to enable the Arboretum to expand its mission.
Over 40 years of growing the gardens and serving the community as a valuable environmental and educational resource has only been made possible by the generous support from foundations, individuals, and a growing membership of nearly 1,000 members.
The Board of Directors has set a campaign goal for an endowment of $20 million by the year 2020. We hope you will participate in this opportunity to help the Arboretum set deeper roots.
A Deeper-Rooted Endowment Will Allow the Arboretum to:
- Remain free of admission, accessible, and open every day.
- Serve a wider audience and increase Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens’ impact as a refuge and resource—through garden enhancements and more educational programs for the public.
- Better preserve, showcase, and promote southeastern Pennsylvania’s extraordinary native plant species and care for, protect, and preserve this rare horticultural treasure.
- Ensure the care and preservation of the gardens with dedicated professional staff.
- Grow the botanical collections—including care and maintenance of two special collections (Rhododendrons and Mountain Laurels) accredited by the American Public Gardens Association.
- Achieve sustainable growth for future generations—a prudent 4% or lower spending policy from the endowment allows the Arboretum to remain available to the public in perpetuity.
There are many ways to make a gift of any size:
Send a check with “Forever Jenkins Endowment Campaign – Endow an Acre” in the memo, payable to:
Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens
631 Berwyn Baptist Road
Devon, PA 19333
Call 610-647-8870 ext. 152 to receive instructions on pledges, planned gifts, or gifts of stock.
To learn more about the Forever Jenkins Endowment Campaign – Endow an Acre, or for information about establishing or contributing to a named endowment fund, please call 610-647-8870 ext. 152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization.
Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law