- This exhibition is open to all. Members as well as non-members are encouraged to participate.
- All photographs MUST have been taken at Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens, preferably within the past few years.
- Photographs may be any subject matter ( owers, trees, autumn, leaves, insects, birds, landscapes, etc.)
- All styles will be accepted, and will be assigned to one of two categories – “Close- ups” and “Open”.
- Submission may be any size.
- All artwork must be framed and ready to hang in a presentation that conveys professionalism, though judging will be based only on the quality of the image.
- Submissions MUST be delivered to the Arboretum any time between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm from Monday, Feb. 5th through Friday, Feb. 9th. No submissions will be accepted after Friday, Feb. 9th.
- Please include an entry card with each submission.
- We must limit submissions to 5 per applicant.
- Members: $10 for the first submission and $5 for each additional submission.
- Non Members: $20 for the first submission and $10 for each additional submission.
- Photographers may choose to make their work available for purchase, but this is not a requirement.
- All sales must be handled between the photographer and the purchaser.
- Photographs that are sold must still remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibition.
- Judges will select a first, second and third place in each category and monetary awards will be given for each. The amount of these awards is $100 for first, $75 for second, and $50 for third place.
- In addition to the recognition and monetary award, the winners of each category will be invited to present a slideshow at the closing reception. This slideshow allows winners to show selected photographs from their entire body of work.
A closing reception will be held from 2:00-4:00 on the exhibition closing date and will include a Juror’s Talk and the winning artist’s slide show.