8th Annual Visitors’ Photography Exhibition
Exhibition: Friday, February 15 through Sunday, March 17, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closing reception: March 17, 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- This exhibition is open to all. Members as well as non-members are encouraged to participate.
- All photographs MUST have been taken at Jenkins Arboretum & Gardens, preferably within the past few years.
- Photographs may be any subject matter (flowers, trees, autumn, leaves, insects, birds, landscapes, etc.).
- All styles will be accepted, and will be assigned to one of two categories – “Close-up” and “Open”.
- Submissions may be any size.
- All artwork must be framed and ready to hang in a presentation that conveys professionalism, though judging will be based only on the quality of the image.
- Submissions MUST be delivered to the Arboretum any time between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm from Monday, February 4 through Friday, February 8. No submissions will be accepted after Friday, February 8.
- Please include an entry card with each submission.
- Submissions limited to 5 per applicant.
- Members: $10 for the first submission and $5 for each additional submission.
- Non-members: $20 for the first submission and $10 for each additional submission.
- Photographers may choose to make their work available for purchase, but this is not a requirement.
- All sales must be handled between the photographer and the purchaser.
- Photographs that are sold must remain on display until the conclusion of the exhibition.
- Judges will select a first, second, and third place in each category and monetary awards will be given for each. The amount of these awards is $100 for first, $75 for second, and $50 for third place.
- In addition to the recognition and monetary award, the winners of each category will be invited to present a slideshow at the closing reception. This slideshow allows winners to show selected photographs from their entire body of work.
- A closing reception will be held from 2:00 – 4:00 pm on Sunday, March 17 and will include a Juror’s Talk and the winning artist’s slide show.